Thursday, September 10, 2009

F...is for Fear & Fish

Today is the day. The day I have been dreading has officially arrived. I thought I had at least another 2 months, but it snuck right up on me. In fact it is one of the things I knew would come, and really made me think about NOT going to cooking school. Today is the day I have to butcher a fish...
See I've always been disgusted by raw/alive fish. I don't even like them in the aquarium all that well. I have to be dragged into the ocean and I absolutely detest their smell. In fact I won't even make tuna fish sandwiches because I get so grossed out - ask my husband. The odd part is that I do like eat some fish. A little salmon or john dorry....yum. I just don't want to be the person who has to cut it's head off and then rip its guts out. But today I have to be that person.
Chef told me I'll need to carry the fish like a baby, as to not injure it. It made me want to injure him. Seriously, a stinky dead fish and he wants me to carry it like a baby? Maybe like I'd carry a baby animal with rabies. Ew.
Oh yeah and tomorrow I've got to stick a knife in a LIVE lobster's head.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Martha said...

Yucko! I can't stand to see a dead fish, with it's head on! I have a BIG catfish in the freezer. It's been there forever, I bet Jose forgot it's there! I won't touch it. It's in a bag with it's head on! I'll let you take it out, when you come. You're the brave one!

September 10, 2009 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

GO LIZZY GO LIZZY GO LIZZY!!! You can do it!!

September 10, 2009 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Amy Franck said...

you are my hero

September 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home