Sunday, August 16, 2009

C...is for Chef

Because in 9 short months, that's what I'll be. Tomorrow a new chapter of my life unfolds as I attend my first day of Culinary School. But why culinary school you ask? Well, simple. I love food.
I know it may seem strange to go to culinary school when you have no intentions to open a restaurant or to ever work in one for a career, but I just love food. I want to be the world's best home cook. And I want to spend my time doing something I love. But mostly, I want a new challenge. And why not challenge yourself with the same thing that becomes the reward?
Am I nervous? You bet. Am I excited? Absolutely. Do I sometimes think maybe this was a crazy idea? Yup.
After being a stay-at-home-wife (no kids) for the past year, this is going to be a huge lifestyle change. And I might even be terrible at it. But I'm going to give it my best and hope that my enthusiasm for food makes up any gaps in skill.
So, this will be my diary of my adventures in cooking school and all things food. I'm sure there will be some horror stories (whole raw fish give me the absolute willies!), some triumphs (let's hope I get pictures of those), and maybe even a few meltdowns on the kitchen floor, but mostly of wonderful food!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Martha Castaneda said...

Si! C C is for~~~~~CHEF CASTANEDA
Beautiful table setting! Excellent food!

September 1, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home